Any time the skin is broken, bruising can occur. If you bruise after any procedure in our office, these are our recommendations for helping the bruise resolve as quickly as possible.
- Arnica Montana supplements and gel. Follow the directions for Trauma. Oral tablets can be purchased at our office for $13.50, and topical treatments can be found over the counter.
- Vitamin K Healing Cream. This topical moisturizing cream can help to heal bruising from the outside in. It can be purchased from our office for $48.00.
- Pineapple. Eat fresh pineapple daily (not canned or frozen). The bromelain enzyme is the highest concentration near the core. This cannot be eaten at the same time as a protein (dairy is a protein), so we suggest it as a snack blended with other lighter fruits and ice.
- Ice Ice Ice frequently applied in the first 48 hours. Most importantly, right after the procedure.
- IPL. Make an appointment with one of our RN’s to have the bruised area “zapped.” The IPL targets the hemoglobin pigment in the bruise and can help break down the bruise much faster. The cost per “zap” is $50.00
- Oxygentics Cover-Up. Oxygenetix may be used after facial surgery bruising, injectables or deep chemical peels. Oxygenetix provides relief and helps patients look and feel better before leaving the office.
It is important that you remember none of these are instant cures that will immediately remove a bruise (other than Oxygenetics cover-up). Still, all of these can undoubtedly lessen the time you have a noticeable bruise. Please ask us if you have any questions — (916) 941-9400.